Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LPN does NOT stand for Lazy Paid Nurse

Okay, so I have a new, HUGE vent. For all you people out there who criticize my decision to pursue my license as a practical nurse - get over yourself :) I'm so sick of the comments "LPNs aren't REAL nurses" or "LPNs are just half a nurse"...what part about Licensed Practical NURSE don't you understand??? So it's not a degree...it's a stepping stone for me. Though many people do not pursue the rest of their nursing degree, I will be, so climb down off your high horse, build a bridge, and get over it. There's no way I can get into an RN program before next fall as it is, so my decision to pursue the LPN program is not setting me back in any way shape or form. LPNs are just as valuable to the medical field as STNAs or RNs or whatever the case may be. I feel that God led me to make this decision and that is the best decision for my life right now. So....you BETTER be nice to me, because I may be the one giving you your shot one day...and...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :)

3 comments: